After Hours Service 7 days a week 7pm – 7am call 03 5991 1300 Donate Today > How to Refer >

4.2 Carer Services




The Office of Public Advocate

1300 309 337
Level 5, 436 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000


State Trustees

03 9667 6084
1300 138 672
Provides a broad range of legal and financial services (legal wills, estate planning, probate, power of attorney and trustee services)


Elders Rights Advocacy

1800 700 600
An independent agency funded by the Australian Government to provide advocacy services for people receiving Australian Government funded aged care services in Victoria.


Seniors Rights Victoria

1300 368 821
Information, support, advice and education to help prevent elder abuse and safeguard the rights, dignity and independence.


Aged Care Complaints Commissioner

1800 951 822 
Free service to raise their concerns about the quality of care or services being delivered to people receiving aged care services subsidised by the Australian Government.


Veterans’ Affairs Network (VAN)

1300 551 918
Assistance for Veterans, widow(er)s and their families


Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights
The key rights of patients and consumers when seeking or receiving healthcare services.


1300 22 4636
24-hour telephone counselling service. Online and email counselling 7 days a week.



13 11 14
24-hour telephone crisis support and suicide prevention.


National Carer Counselling Program

1800 422 737
Carers Australia program: Provides short-term counselling. The Carers Associations in each state and territory also run local support groups


Australian Centre for Grief & Bereavement

1800 642 066
Grief education and a range of consultancy services to develop and enhance the capacity of individuals, organisations and communities to deal effectively with loss.



1300 845 745
03 9935 7444
Griefline Community and Family Services listens, cares and supports people experiencing loss and grief at any stage in life. Includes online counselling service. Equipment and aids

Equipment and Aids
Coastcare Medical Equipment

03 9707 4955
Rehabilitation and medical products for hire and sale. Accredited for DVA and SWEP. Equipment that can be provided quickly overnight: Shower chairs, Commode, Recliner chairs, Hospital beds.


Independent Living Centres Australia

1300 885 886
Offers advice on a range of products and services to help with aspects of day-today living, including mobility, sleeping, eating and transport Endeavour


Life & Care

9703 2900
Provider of home health care equipment.


City of Casey 
City of Casey’s guide to programs and services for equipment and aids for people with disabilities.

Financial Support / Government Agencies
Financial Counselling Australia

1800 007 007
Information about financial counselling and help to find a qualified counsellor.



13 27 17


Department of Veterans Affairs

13 32 54

Home Help
Your local council

PCSE can help you organise some Council community and in-home services

Home Modifications
Peninsula Health Domiciliary Care Referral

1300 665 781
Home based assessment and maintenance program for frail, older and younger disabled people and their carers who live at home. 


1800 163 292
Provides in-home nursing and care throughout Melbourne’s southern & eastern suburbs.

Home Nursing

Home nursing can be organised as part of your palliative care. Private services are also available


Bolton Clarke at Home Support

1300 33 44 55
Provides a range of practical, flexible home care services covering nursing, home assistance, allied health & mental health.

Issue Resolution
Health Complaints Commissioner

1300 582 113
If you are not satisfied with your health service provider, you can raise your concerns with the Health Complaints Commissioner.

Living at Home Assessments
Council services

Your local council website
Cardinia, Casey, Greater Dandenong, Kingston Councils.
Living at home assessments assist people to explore a range of ways to live independently and remain active members of their community

Personal Care

Council carers

Cardinia, Casey, Greater Dandenong, Kingston Councils.
Your local council website


Alfred Care



13 22 78



1800 163 292


Bolton Clarke at Home Support

1300 33 44 55




Respite / short breaks

Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centre Southern Region

1800 052 222 (BH)
1800 059 059 (Outside BH)
Respite, practical and emotional support for carers in southern Melbourne.

Support groups
PCSE Carers Support Group

03 5991 1300
Call PCSE for further information


Alfred Health Carer Services

1800 052 222
Links to carer groups located in Melbourne’s south


Red Cross

1800 733 276
[email protected]
Has disease specific volunteer transportation

Illness-specific organisations

Cancer Council of Victoria

13 11 20
Communities of people affected by cancer that you can connect with online, by phone or in person Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm and staffed by experienced cancer nurses with oncology qualifications. Although staff are unable to give individual medical advice, they can talk about the effects of specific types of cancer and explain what will happen during processes like chemotherapy, radiotherapy or other cancer treatments


Dementia Australia

1800 100 500
Helpline email: [email protected]
Dementia Australia advocates for the needs of people living with all types of dementia and their families and carers and provides support services, education and information. The helpline operates nationally from 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays. A message service is avalilable outside of office hours. Leave a message and your call will be returned next working day.


MND Victoria

1800 806 632
Promotes the best possible care and support for people living with Motor Neurone Disease.