0.4 Assessing your needs as a carer
Our dedicated PCSE team will support you in the home to increase your confidence and give you the skills you need. To support you as much as possible, we will complete a support needs assessment with you.
You might review the following questions from time to time, and ask yourself what help you need to enable you to carry out your role as carer.
Think about the following and let us know if any of these apply to you. Feel free to mark those that do and discuss them at your next visit.
- Are you no longer able to be responsible for your family?
- Are you unable to do the things you used to do, including social activities?
- Is there conflict or tension within your family?
- Do you worry about the consequences of death on your family, especially children?
- Are you yourself ill or facing severe illness?
- Have you had to leave work or study?
- Do you need financial support or help to access entitled benefits through Centrelink and other government agencies, including superannuation?
- Do you need support for legal assistance such as powers of attorney, wills and guardianship?
- Do you need information about community care packages?
- Would you like to be referred to the Aged Care Assessment Service to access residential aged care facilities and respite care?
- Would you like to be linked to resources in the community including organisations and support groups that are specific to your needs?
Accept all the help you are offered